Who better to teach my little boy baseball than Papa? While under Papa's roof, Trey learned to run the bases, slide, and yell "Fafe!" (haha Trey-speak for "safe".)
For Papa's birthday we got to visit Galveston, play on the beach, and eat at the Spot. Aunt Bebe took him into the Gulf of Mexico for the first time! He had so much fun, we had a difficult time getting him out.
Trey helped Nana a lot while we were in Texas. His chores were feeding Amelia and helping Nana with yard work and watering. His favorite was watering the flowers! I have always loved helping my momma around the house because I usually end up learning a thing or two that I store away to use for my own home.
We visited Memi and Boppie, and helped Boppie celebrate his birthday... Trey sang "Happy Birthday, Boppie" for days afterward! I have lots of memories of helping Memi in her kitchen, and I was glad Trey got to start making memories like that too! Boppie had such a surprise for us - he had come so far with his model train town! Trey is so impressed with trains right now and couldn't get enough of it.
We saw Mawmaw and Grandpa Royce also. They got Trey a truck that Trey "vroomed" around for the rest of our trip! Mawmaw was a trooper when Trey decided he wanted her to keep going outside in 100+ degree heat! But like a good grandmother does, she indulged him when he looked up and batted his eyelashes at her...
Some other fun pictures from our trip...
Britty and I don't get to see each other very often, so I cherish the time we get when we are in the same part of the country!
I got to meet my new baby cousin, little baby Robbie, when he was only 1 day old! Trey was very curious and wasn't sure what to do when his mama's hands were busy holding another baby...
The Spot in Galveston
The hardest party about living so far away is missing my family. Modern technology is no substitute for sitting in my Momma's kitchen, sitting on the backyard with my dad, or getting a hug from those you miss most. I always say that I get the most homesick right before I go back to Texas... but our magnificent time with family was absolutely the most wonderful cure for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment