Trey started sleeping in his own "big boy" bed about 6 weeks ago. Since then, I have taken down all things baby. His precious transportation themed nursery is boxed and put away and I was faced with how to decorate his new room! I knew I wanted to keep the airplane quilt from my momma, and Boppie's vintage trains would stay up as well. Problem solved: stick with transportation! Trey loves anything that goes, so I think it works. He hasn't let me know otherwise, so I am guessing I did okay. :)
Here are some pictures from his room. Looking at it from this picture, I might move his name somewhere else... it looks a bit small on that wall. Haha I am always changing something!!
I painted this airplane to match his quilt.
This is a set of "book hammocks" that my friend Cicely's in-laws made for me! They solved a huge issue I had with space and ease of finding favorite books. I switch all Trey's books out intermittently now instead of have all of them available. (It makes much less of a mess when he decides to sit and read all of his books!) I painted the train picture above the shelves. I was inspired by a pottery barn canvas piece that used tractors and bicycles.
This is a view of his dresser and bookshelf. I hate where the bookshelf is, but it is literally the only space we have for it since nothing can go in front of the heater below his window. (And we attached it to the wall so it wouldn't topple over. It is also covering a huge hole I made in the wall while trying to complete said attachment! Needless to say, ugly or not, the shelf stays.) The shelf serves a purpose though: all his cars, trains, trucks, and board books have homes inside the blue fabric bins.
These are some pictures that I made out of paper then framed to fit the theme.
Lastly, this is a picture of Trey running around with a golf club. Couldn't resist getting him in on the blog too... after all, this is his room to live, love, and play in!
It is perfect! I love the paintings especially the train. The pictures made out of paper are awesome. You did a great job Momma. And it appears as though that sweet boy loves what his Mommy did for him!
ReplyDelete